Thursday, December 11, 2008

'Dear Jane'

by Jason C. Randall

One year, five months and twenty eight days
Each with twenty four hours that were wasted away
The clocks slowed down because the batteries died
But that doesn't stops the time from passing me by

One year, five months and twenty nine days
Another twenty four hours that I've wasted away
The clocks haven't moved since those batteries died
But that doesn't stop my life from passing me by

Mother Nature is a woman, how could she understand
Father Time is whipped, much like every other man
There's nothing he can do to reverse what you have done
I walk around with that feeling that I'm on the Gravitron

One year, five months, and now thirty days
Each with twenty four hours that were wasted away
The Gravitron is slowing and I can walk a straight line
The feelings grow stronger as this time passes by

In that one year five months and thirty one days
And a final 24 hours which were wasted away
It's been 18 months and I've been doing the same
Walking in circles just to call your name

No comments:

Post a Comment